At East Wind Dental Care, we invest in state-of-the-art technologies as part of our commitment to providing you with ongoing superior service. Cutting-edge equipment enhances Hillsboro dentist Dr. Merat Ostovar’s ability to detect oral health issues early on, to provide personalized treatments, and to execute our treatment plans with unmatched accuracy and excellence.
Our investment in technology allows us to enhance your patient-centered dental experience from the first moment you step into our office until the moment you leave. Using advanced data-management systems, we fast-track the check-in and checkout process, allowing you more time to relax before your appointment. Then, whether you need routine x-rays or a complete restoration, we use top-of-the-line equipment to enhance comfort, ensure safety, and speed up the treatment process. Our state-of-the-art technology includes:
- Intraoral Cameras: This is a highly advanced piece of diagnostic equipment that allows you and Dr. Ostovar to clearly see inside your mouth. The handheld camera can zoom in on a specific tooth, and all of the images are displayed on a television screen so that you can be an active part of your treatment.
- Digital Impressions: Digital impressions allow Dr. Ostovar to create a virtual, computer-generated replica of the inside of your mouth using cutting-edge technology. The captured impressions are highly accurate, generated in minutes, and used to create restorations.
- Digital Radiographs: This form of x-ray imaging uses electronic sensors instead of traditional film, transmitting images to a computer immediately. It is efficient, comfortable, and highly accurate, and it reduces the level of radiation the patient receives.
- Laser Caries Detection: Using laser technology to explore the condition of the patient’s teeth, this handheld, pen-shaped technology identifies instances of caries that are hidden, or in their earliest stages, when the caries fluoresce as the light passes over them, resulting in low-scale readings on a display unit.
- Soft-Tissue Lasers: Soft-tissue laser technology creates precision cuts in the mouth’s soft tissues while eliminating bleeding at the site and reducing healing time.
- 3D Cone Beam CT: This dental technology has revolutionized imaging at the dental office. A 3D Cone Beam CT can take a three-dimensional image of teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone, all in one session.
- Tekscan: Tekscan is a force measurement and pressure mapping technology for unparalleled dental precision.
- CEREC: A cutting-edge CAD/CAM technology that can be used to build a permanent, custom-fit, natural-looking, metal-free dental restoration providing the form, fit, and function that you need.
- The Wand® (Single-Tooth Anesthesia/CompuDent®): The CompuDent is cutting-edge dental technology that provides a more comfortable injection experience. This tool is computer controlled, ensuring that the flow of the anesthetic is accurate, slow, steady, and comfortable. The numbing effect is localized and limited to one area — you don’t leave our office with a heavy, numb feeling in your face.
At East Wind Dental Care, we regularly upgrade our equipment because we know that advanced equipment ensures more accurate assessments, which means a better solution for your dental needs.