Did you just recently get your Wisdom teeth removed or are you doing a little research before your procedure? Well don’t worry! Don’t get it twisted or let others steer you wrong. Wisdom teeth Extraction doesn’t have to be a painful experience and in actuality, Recovery time can actually be very quick with the correct care and Treatment.
What are Wisdom teeth exactly? Wisdom teeth are each of the four rear molars which normally begin to appear between the ages of 18-21, although they have been known to appear at any time. Once they begin to show, your hillsboro dental office will determine when they should be removed. Before removal, your hillsboro dental office will give you a local or general anesthetic for numbing the Extraction area, depending on the individual’s pain threshold and comfort. After the tooth is removed, some patients will require stitches. Not to worry, most of the time these stitches will dissolve in only a few days, although your hillsboro dental office will give you the details.
What to do after surgery? This is where your Recovery time can be sped up and where your pain can be reduced quickly.
1. Your hillsboro dental office should have already instructed you to do so, but gently bite down on a gauze pad from time to time and change pads as they become absorbed with blood. It sounds a little gross but this is something you’ll have to do.
2. Do not lie flat, as it will prolong the bleeding. The faster the bleeding ceases, the faster you’ll be on your way to Recovery!
3. For the first day, lightly press an ice pack to the outside of the painful areas. After day one, switch from an ice pack to a warm towel or wash cloth.
4. Make sure you are only consuming soft food, such as thin soup or pudding, for the first couple of days. As you heal, slowly begin to add solid foods back into your diet.
5. On day 2 of Recovery, tenderly rinse your mouth with salt water 5-8 times per day. This will help reduce swelling and soreness.
6. Continue to keep your mouth clean. Brush as usual but refrain from touching or rubbing the area with your tongue or toothbrush.
Wisdom teeth Extraction is nothing to be worried about but can bear risks if the correct Recovery Treatments are not followed. If you aren’t sure whether you should have your Wisdom teeth removed, consult with your hillsboro dental office and weigh the possible scenarios.